Glenn Gould Public School
Invites all parents and caregivers to join us for a free parent presentation
A Simple Gift: Emotional Regulation
For parents of children birth to 12 years of age
Negative emotions (e.g., anger, sadness, fear, jealousy) and the difficult behaviours that may follow (e.g. temper tantrums, whining) are normal in young children. Not learning to manage negative emotions in the early years may result in later problems. This presentation will provide information and practical strategies to help families.
You will learn about:
· What is emotional regulation
· Long term implications of negative emotions
· The importance of learning about your child’s unique temperament, strengths and areas of improvement
· Triggers that set off emotions
· The 8 principles of emotional regulation and how you can teach you child to identify and cope with their feelings
Location: Glenn Gould Public School
675 Vellore Park Ave., Woodbridge L4H 0G5
Date: Thursday October 18, 2018.
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Free child minding will be available
To register please contact:
Oksana Majaski, Community & Partnership Developer
Oksana.email@example.com or 416-568-2252
This presentation is brought to you by Glenn Gould P.S. in partnership with Blue Hills Child and Family Centre and York Region District School Board