Blue Willow Public School Invites all parents and caregivers to join us for a free parent presentation.
A Simple Gift:
Emotional Regulation For parents of children birth to 12 years of age
This presentation will provide information and practical strategies to help families about:
- Negative emotions (e.g., anger, sadness, fear, jealousy) and the difficult behaviours that may follow (e.g. temper tantrums, whining) are normal in young children.
- Not learning to manage negative emotions in the early years may result in later problems.
- What is emotional regulation
- Long term implications of negative emotions
- The importance of learning about your child’s unique temperament, strengths and areas of improvement
- Triggers that set off emotions
- The 8 principles of emotional regulation and how you can teach you child to identify and cope with their feelings
Location: Blue Willow Public School 250 Blue Willow Dr. L4L 1E1
Date: Thursday November 9, 2017
Time: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
To register please contact: Oksana Majaski, Community Resource Facilitator Oksana.email@example.com or 416-568-2252
This presentation is brought to you by Blue Willow P.S. in partnership with Blue Hills Child and Family Centre and York Region District School Board