To ensure the safety of students, school bus service may be cancelled from time to time due to inclement weather, extreme temperatures and/or poor road conditions. In these cases, parents and students should develop alternate care/transportation arrangements.
Cancellation decisions will only be made after thorough consultation with the Safety Officers of school bus companies servicing York Region and are based on several factors including precipitation, air temperature, road conditions and weather forecast.
Please note the following;
- A decision to cancel school bus service will be region-wide meaning all school buses, vans and taxis will not operate
- School bus routes may be cancelled when severe weather is not affecting all municipalities in York Region. Both the YRDSB and YCDSB operate many regional educational programs. Students attending these programs are transported over large attendance areas encompassing several municipal boundaries. This limits the ability to cancel bus service using a municipality or zone methodology
- When bus service is cancelled all school tests and/or examinations will be cancelled and rescheduled
- Student trips involving the use of school buses will also be cancelled
- Unless otherwise stated, schools will remain open and parents can make arrangements to transport their children to and from school even if school bus service is cancelled. If buses are cancelled in the morning, they will not operate in the afternoon. Therefore students transported to school by parents will require the same transportation home.
Parents, students and school staff are asked to access the following radio and television stations after 6:00 a.m. to receive bus cancellation information:
590 AM 640 AM 680 AM 860 AM 1010 AM 1050 AM 1540 AM 1580 AM 8
8.5 FM 89.9 FM 92.5 FM 93.1 FM 94.9 FM 95.9 FM 97.3 FM 98.1 FM 99.1 FM 99.9 FM
101.1 FM 102.1 FM 104.5 FM 100.7 FM 107.1 FM
CITY TV CTV Barrie CFTO TV CP24 GLOBAL NEWS
A bus cancellation message will also be available at www.schoolbuscity.com and by calling 1-877-330-3001, or by following the @YCDSB and @YRDSB on twitter.
A bus cancellation message will also be available at www.schoolbuscity.com and by calling 1-877-330-3001, or by following the YCDSB and YRDSB on twitter.
Please do not call the school to inquire about bus cancellation as we will not be able to respond in a timely manner in the morning. Please use the above services for information about bus cancellation. Thank you.
So sad...but Winter is coming....