Question: Why did the grape stop in the middle of the road?
Answer: Because he ran out of juice.
Question: What did the green grape say to the purple grape?
Answer: Breathe! Breathe!
Question: Why did Mrs Grape leave her family?
Answer: She was tired of raisin kids!
Welcome to Day 4 of our Westminster Fruit-Face Off!
Have you figured out our familiar fruit for today?
That’s right - grapes!
Here’s one really cool fact about grapes:
Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics record the cultivation of purple grapes, and history attests to the ancient Greeks and Romans growing purple grapes for both eating and wine production.
And competing against the great grape is…. The pomegranate!!!
Here are 5 cool facts about pomegranates:
1. Pomegranates belong to the berry family.
2. They are good for the heart.
3. Each pomegranate contains hundreds of pomegranate seeds, and the word pomegranate means apple with many seeds.
4. Pomegranates can be stored for two months in the refrigerator.
5. In Greece it is traditional to break pomegranates on the ground at weddings and on New Year’s.
So, enjoy your fresh grapes and sweet pomegranate seeds, which you can eat and swallow whole.
So what will it be? The good old grape or the new and exciting pomegranate seeds?
Happy fruit eating!